U.S. House Challenges Supremes on Kelo: A Left/Right Coalition?
I am surprised by the tremendous interest which ordinary people have taken in this issue. Two of my undergraduates independently took the initiative of coming to my office to tell me how much they deplored Kelo!
comments powered by Disqus
Bill Woolsey - 7/1/2005
In my local paper this morning, Democrat minority leader Pelosi was quoted as complaining that cutting off funds to "enforce" a Supreme Court decision was equivalent to "nullifying" the decision.
Well, I guess that is consistent with the left-liberal approach to abortion rights. If it is legal, then the taxpayer is obligated to fund it.
Since having local government take private property and give to developers has an effect on interstate commerce (interstate trade in construction materials, for example) presumably Congress could just outlaw the practice.
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90