comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 7/4/2005
Good piece. Good point. Upper level government executives needs those "middle management" military employees to make the whole thing work. But how? If middle management's intelligent enough to recognize the problems in foreign adventurism, how are the armed services going to attract the talent?
Private industry pays better, and the benefits (your life!) are incommensurable!
Just a good thought.
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”