A Christopher Hill symposium:
Isaac Chotiner,"An Opiate of the People," NYT, 11 July, reviews Elizabeth Abbott's Sugar: A Bittersweet History.
Ben Downing,"Love's Pestilence," NYT, 11 July, reviews Daisy Hay's Young Romantics: The Tangled Lives of English Poetry's Greatest Generation.
Wendy Smith reviews Kevin Starr's Golden Gate: The Life and Times of America's Greatest Bridge and Michael Hiltzik's Colossus: Hoover Dam and the Making of the American Century for the LA Times, 11 July.
Michael Sims reviews Robert Stevens's Yvon's Paris and Graham Robb's Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris for the Washington Post, 9 July.
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in