A Christopher Hill symposium:
Isaac Chotiner,"An Opiate of the People," NYT, 11 July, reviews Elizabeth Abbott's Sugar: A Bittersweet History.
Ben Downing,"Love's Pestilence," NYT, 11 July, reviews Daisy Hay's Young Romantics: The Tangled Lives of English Poetry's Greatest Generation.
Wendy Smith reviews Kevin Starr's Golden Gate: The Life and Times of America's Greatest Bridge and Michael Hiltzik's Colossus: Hoover Dam and the Making of the American Century for the LA Times, 11 July.
Michael Sims reviews Robert Stevens's Yvon's Paris and Graham Robb's Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris for the Washington Post, 9 July.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?