The ACLU Defends Gun Rights....Yes, Really
The Florida ACLU is suing a local sheriff to get a citizen's gun returned.
Florida ACLU attorney Barry Butin observes matter-of-factly:"Under the Second Amendment, he has a right to have his guns in his house. He's not a convicted felon. It is unusual for the ACLU. But the ACLU supports all constitutional rights. We don't pick and choose."....
Hat Tip: Brian Doherty at Reason's Hit and Run.
comments powered by Disqus
William J. Stepp - 7/19/2010
I note this is in the Florida office of the ACLU. I wonder what the ACLU home office (in the PRoNY?--pron. PRO-knee--boffins think? It would be good to be a fly on the wall there and listen to their conversations.
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I