Liberty and Power Lectures Launch (Jimmy Wales)
The Liberty and Power Lectures (a name inspired by this humble blog) will debut on Wednesday, September 8 at 7:30 in the Ferguson Theater at the University of Alabama. We are starting with a tsunami. Our first speaker is Jimmy Wales, master of Wikipedia, and his topic will be"Liberty, Power, and Wikipedia."
The series, focuses on the relationship between liberty and power in history. Future speakers include Robert Higgs, Scott Horton of Harper's, Steve Horwitz, and Jonathan Bean. For more details on the lectures, see here.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding