Liberty and Power Lectures Launch (Jimmy Wales)
The Liberty and Power Lectures (a name inspired by this humble blog) will debut on Wednesday, September 8 at 7:30 in the Ferguson Theater at the University of Alabama. We are starting with a tsunami. Our first speaker is Jimmy Wales, master of Wikipedia, and his topic will be"Liberty, Power, and Wikipedia."
The series, focuses on the relationship between liberty and power in history. Future speakers include Robert Higgs, Scott Horton of Harper's, Steve Horwitz, and Jonathan Bean. For more details on the lectures, see here.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians