Higgs Comes to the University of Alabama (Liberty and Power Lectures, October 5)
I am delighted to announce that our own Robert Higgs will be appearing at the University of Alabama on October 5 to do what he does best. He will offer his legendary insights into the origins of the American Military-Industrial Complex. The talk will be in Room 205 at the Gorgas Library at 6:00 pm. He will be featured as part of the Liberty and Power Lectures.
Higgs is a Senior Fellow at the Independent Institute and editor of the Institute’s quarterly journal the Independent Review. He is the author of such path-breaking works as Depression, War, and Cold War, Crisis and Leviathan and Competition and Coercion.
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left