A couple of things that have happened:
I ran into Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe and Around the Horn (inter alia) fame. Not only did we talk about the Sox, he also said"don't you worry about Jay Mariotti" when I told him not to let Mariotti get away with his nonsense. So we are on the same page on that front.
Meanwhile at dinner last night, Nick Price crossed our path on his way to the bathroom. We bought him a beer and later got a minute or two with him. A good time was had by all. For a brief moment, we all talked about Bob Mugabe (he and his friends initiated the Mugabe talk, I agreed we will do our damndest to get rid of him).
Tiger is up by 2, but he was up by 4 going into today. The Old Course is every bit as spectacular as its reputation. Imagine looking from behind the green of the Road Hole, probably the most famous in golf, and seeing the tee box of 18, which of course includes not only the Swilken burn bridge, but also the Valley of Sin and as a backdrop, the clubhouse of the Royal & Ancient. Tomorrow Tiger will go off with Olazabel. I'll be there. More to follow.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians