Higgs Dissects the Warfare State (Liberty and Power Lecture at UA)
In the picture shown above, yours truly is posing with Robert Higgs, and Alina Stefanescu Coryell (the heart and soul of the Liberty and Power Lectures) just after his talk,"Rise of the Warfare State." It was the second installment in the series at the University of Alabama.
Despite a lack of media coverage, we attracted a lively crowd of about fifty. As usual, Higgs delivered the goods in a hard-hitting historical analysis of the military-industrial complex. I'll be able to post an itune of the talk in the next couple of days.
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets