Don Lavoie Memorial Essay Competition
The prize committee consists of:
Peter Boettke, George Mason University
Emily Chamlee-Wright, Beloit College
Steven Horwitz, St. Lawrence University
David Prychitko, Northern Michigan University
Deadline for submissions is September 1, 2005. Decisions will be made by September 15.
All questions and submissions should be sent, either electronically or by mail, to:
Department of Economics
George Mason University, MSN 3G4
Fairfax, VA 22030
More information on the SDAE can be found here.
I know that many L&P contributors and readers knew and admired Don. Feel free to pass this announcement on to other blogs or websites, or communicate it to colleagues and students at your schools.
comments powered by Disqus
Steven Horwitz - 7/22/2005
Thanks a bunch Tom. That competition has been around for a number of years and Pete decided to name it in Don's memory after his passing in 2001.
Tom G Palmer - 7/22/2005
This is a great way of honoring Don's generosity and kindness.
I'll be sure to promote this in Europe. I'll start sending out some emails this afternoon!
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?