ComeHomeAmerica.Us Hits the Stands
The much anticipated call to arms for a left/right/libertarian antiwar coalition, ComeHomeAmerica.US, is now available. The book is edited by Paul Buhle, Bill Kauffman, George O'Neill Jr. and Kevin Zeese. It includes selections from the editors as well as yours truly (on the American Anti-Imperalist League), Jesse Walker, Doug Bandow, Bill Kauffman, Cindy Sheehan, Ralph Nader, and many others.
Here is the product description:
This book was prepared for a meeting of people from across the political spectrum who oppose war and militarism. The book presents views from the right, left and radical center, views that reflect those of many Americans which are not represented in the political dialogue in Congress or the White House, or the mainstream media. Throughout American history there have been times when movements developed that were outside the limited political dialogue of the two major parties, such as the abolitionists, the Anti-Imperialist League, the Non-Partisan League, and aspects of the Old Right and the New Left. Sometimes those movements have broken through and created paradigm shifting moments. Some of the materials in this book describe the Populist Movement of the late 1800s to provide an example of the type of movement that can influence politics, even though it starts outside of the"acceptable" political spectrum. Our hope is that this meeting will be the first step toward building effective advocacy against war and militarism which pulls in the majority of Americans who recognize that war should truly be a last resort limited to the real defense of our Nation. Of all the enemies of true liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instrument for bringing the many under the domination of the few.-James Madison
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in