An Open Letter to Representative Chris Van Hollen
Osama Bin Laden is dead but he can still prevail in his struggle against the American people. His goal all along has been to bankrupt the United States and he came closer to his objective then any American, especially a congressman, should be comfortable with and he could still succeed. Members of the House of Representatives who vote to raise the debt ceiling will be serving Osama Bin Laden’s purpose.
Anyone who has gotten into trouble with debt and then come out of it knows that the absolutely imperative first step is to STOP BORROWING MORE MONEY. I am a constituent and you do not just represent the Democrats in your district or just the people who agree with you in. You represent everyone and therefore I am your boss. I have a specific instruction, under no circumstances vote to increase the debt ceiling. If you fail to follow this directive you will betray not only me but the American people, their children and their children’s children. Each child born today already owes in excess of $30,000 and it is immoral as well as unforgivable to increase this burden, which promises to follow them throughout their lives.
There are those who say we have to raise the debt limit, otherwise the United States will default on its financial obligations and they are bald faced liars. It does not take a Ph.D. in economics just the ability to compare two numbers to see this assertion for the despicable scare tactic that it is.. If Congress does the only rational thing by telling the President no you cannot mortgage the country’s future any further and the United States subsequently defaults on its debt that will be a choice made by Barack Obama. He and he alone will bear the responsibility for the consequences.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?