Historical Memory Suggests Some Predictable Outcomes
Four years ago, I predicted a wave of deficiency judgments against homeowners who lost their homes in foreclosure proceedings but still found themselves owing money to their mortgage lender. That prediction was based on past occurrences of the same thing.
So here's an Oct. 1 story from the Wall Street Journal on the rising wave of deficiency judgments in precisely those circumstances.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse