Brendan O’Neill: The Implosion of 'Mission Impossible'
Go here for an interesting and thoughtful essay on the ‘War on Terror’ by British journalist Brendan O’Neill.
comments powered by Disqus
Keith Halderman - 8/16/2005
I especially liked the opening lines,"Remember when President George W Bush used to say things like 'You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror'? When he declared, in 2003, that events of the previous two years had set before us 'the clearest of divides - between those who seek order and those who spread chaos'?", because it raises the question, is there more chaos in Iraq now or before we invaded?
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!