Brendan O’Neill: The Implosion of 'Mission Impossible'
Go here for an interesting and thoughtful essay on the ‘War on Terror’ by British journalist Brendan O’Neill.
comments powered by Disqus
Keith Halderman - 8/16/2005
I especially liked the opening lines,"Remember when President George W Bush used to say things like 'You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror'? When he declared, in 2003, that events of the previous two years had set before us 'the clearest of divides - between those who seek order and those who spread chaos'?", because it raises the question, is there more chaos in Iraq now or before we invaded?
- Thomas Slaughter interviewed about his new book on the American Revolution
- Historian Michael Ignatieff writes a memoir explaining why he failed in politics
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization