AAPSS symposium at the APA
I'm still on vacation, so I'll pass on getting into some of the interesting threads that have come up since the site redesign came on. But I have some information I'd like to pass on. At this December's meeting of the American Philosophical Association, which will be in NYC, the American Association for the Philosophic Study of Society will be putting on a symposium on the forthcoming book Norms of Liberty by Doug Rasmussen and Doug Den Uyl. Below is the session info I just received from the APA.
GIV-1. American Association for the Philosophic Study of Society Wednesday, 12.28.05, 2:00-5:00 p.m., Concourse C Topic: A Symposium on Rasmussen and Den Uyl's Norms of Liberty Chair: Fred Miller, Jr. (Bowling Green State University) Speakers: Aeon Skoble (Bridgewater State College) Edwin England (Denison University) Charlotte Thomas (Mercer University) David Thunder (University of Notre Dame)comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets