A Tremendous Lost Opportunity
When Barack Obama wanted to get rid of Osama Bin Laden, arguably the largest victory in the War on Terror to date, he handled the situation the same way Adolf Hitler or Joe Stalin would have, he just went out and killed him. Obama gave up the golden chance to show that we were still different, to prove to our enemies, our friends, and the whole world that no matter how provoked we continued to be a nation of laws, not a nation of men. My cousin was a firefighter in Queens New York and he died on September 11th when one of the towers collapsed on his headso I do not mourn the death of Osama Bin Laden with even a single tear. I do however regret the passing of an American exceptionalism that has kept us free and safer for hundreds of years. We are told that we had to do this and that our sons and daughters have to experience a bloody death in some field in Afghanistan in order to protect American lives, yet on the day that Osama Bin Laden died our government informed us oh by the way you our all less safe today then you were yesterday. If you believe as I do that American freedom and safety are worth preserving then vote for Ron Paul.
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!