Iraq War Vote?
However, there is one passage that really stands out. Lowry writes "The Iraq war was arrived at through the democratic deliberation of the American public, who — this is how it works — get to decide all sort of questions, even if they are not experts or don’t have personal experience with whatever is at issue." I must have slept late on the day of the referendum.
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 8/31/2005
Wow, the passage you cite is really quite amazing. I'd deduct at least a full grade from any undergrad who wrote that.
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?