Iraq War Vote?
The National Review's Rich Lowry has a column in which he defends himself against the charge of being a" chickenhawk" for his pro Iraq War views. In my opinion he does a very poor job of this making a number of absurd analogies and false arguments, but you the reader can judge for yourself.
However, there is one passage that really stands out. Lowry writes "The Iraq war was arrived at through the democratic deliberation of the American public, who — this is how it works — get to decide all sort of questions, even if they are not experts or don’t have personal experience with whatever is at issue." I must have slept late on the day of the referendum.comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 8/31/2005
Wow, the passage you cite is really quite amazing. I'd deduct at least a full grade from any undergrad who wrote that.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch