Real Jobs Outside of Academia for Historians
The History News Network recorded this video of the April 12, 2013 session "Real Jobs Outside of Academia for Historians" at the Organization of American Historians annual meeting in San Francisco, California. The speakers are Peter Sigal (Duke); Alex Soojung-Kim Pang (Future2.org); Andrew Kinney (Harvard University Press); Susan Ferber (Oxford University Press); and T. J. Stiles (freelance writer).
comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding