Sandra Day O’Connor’s Date Dies
I understand that O'Connor dated Rehnquist when they were students together at Stanford Law School. He graduated first in his class (ahead of O'Connor).
comments powered by Disqus
Mark D. Fulwiler - 9/5/2005
Nominating Roberts for CJ is politically savvy (he will be easily confirmed and could be Chief Justice for 30-40 years), and it avoids a vacancy on the court come October since SJO has agreed to stay on until her replacement is confirmed. Plus the Roberts nomination avoids the 3rd confirmation hearing that would have been needed if Bush had tried to elevate a current member of the court to CJ.
Steven Horwitz - 9/5/2005
Stupid and wrong, it seems. Roberts will be (re)nominated for CJ.
Mark D. Fulwiler - 9/4/2005
Steven: Are you crazy? Thomas would have to go through another confirmation hearing. After the Anita Hill thing, there is no way this will happen. No way whatever.
Steven Horwitz - 9/4/2005
I wouldn't be surprised if he elevates Thomas to CJ. Not only is he experienced and young, it would also be a gesture toward the African-American population who rightly feels mistreated by the handling of the Katrina aftermath.
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left