Does Nancy MacLean Owe Tyler Cowen An Apology? (and MacLean's Response)
Russ Roberts takes on my former classmate at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Nancy MacLean author of Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America.
Truth in advertising. I had only casual contact with MacLean at UW but came to know Cowen fairly well. I also had some dealings with James Buchanan (including one group dinner with him in the 1980s!) but did not know him well.
I have ordered the book and will be giving my thoughts soon.
comments powered by Disqus
- How a New Kung Fu TV Series Is Reclaiming Much More Than Just the Martial Arts
- Challenging the Massive Gender Imbalance on Wikipedia: Volunteers Write Women Back into History
- Marshall D. Sahlins, Groundbreaking Anthropologist, Dies at 90
- Review: ‘Exterminate All the Brutes’ Rewrites a Brutal History
- The Union Battle at Amazon Is Far from Over
- U-M Medical Historian Says It Appears History Is Repeating Itself In Our Current Pandemic
- The Health Care Crucible (Review)
- Register for Profs and Pints with Denver Brunsman: The 1814 Burning of Washington
- The First ‘Vaccine Passports’ Were Scars from Smallpox Vaccinations
- Unsung and Unknown — Graphic Biography Details Life of First Black Lieutenant Governor, Oscar Dunn