Would Tallulah Bankhead Approve?
"I'd rather be strongly wrong than weakly right." Attributed to Tallulah Bankhead
I suspect that Tallulah Bankhead, perhaps Alabama's most famous rugged individualist in terms of lifestyle, would approve of the Bankhead Fund's conference on Thursday and Friday (October 13 and 14) on"Censorship, Free Speech and Free Press in the University" which is being sponsored by the Department of History at the University of Alabama. See here for a schedule of speakers and locations.comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 10/13/2005
The schedule for the Conference looks quite good! Perhaps it will give you the opportunity to stir the pot up a bit!
Just a thought.
William Marina - 10/12/2005
The Conference looks almost as good as Tallulah; what a gal!
I made my own little contribution to PC in the Blog today
Regards from DC, Bill
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."