Would Tallulah Bankhead Approve?
"I'd rather be strongly wrong than weakly right." Attributed to Tallulah Bankhead
I suspect that Tallulah Bankhead, perhaps Alabama's most famous rugged individualist in terms of lifestyle, would approve of the Bankhead Fund's conference on Thursday and Friday (October 13 and 14) on"Censorship, Free Speech and Free Press in the University" which is being sponsored by the Department of History at the University of Alabama. See here for a schedule of speakers and locations.
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 10/13/2005
The schedule for the Conference looks quite good! Perhaps it will give you the opportunity to stir the pot up a bit!
Just a thought.
William Marina - 10/12/2005
The Conference looks almost as good as Tallulah; what a gal!
I made my own little contribution to PC in the Blog today
Regards from DC, Bill
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90