Would Tallulah Bankhead Approve?
"I'd rather be strongly wrong than weakly right." Attributed to Tallulah Bankhead
I suspect that Tallulah Bankhead, perhaps Alabama's most famous rugged individualist in terms of lifestyle, would approve of the Bankhead Fund's conference on Thursday and Friday (October 13 and 14) on"Censorship, Free Speech and Free Press in the University" which is being sponsored by the Department of History at the University of Alabama. See here for a schedule of speakers and locations.
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 10/13/2005
The schedule for the Conference looks quite good! Perhaps it will give you the opportunity to stir the pot up a bit!
Just a thought.
William Marina - 10/12/2005
The Conference looks almost as good as Tallulah; what a gal!
I made my own little contribution to PC in the Blog today
Regards from DC, Bill
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening