Happy Cristobal Colon Day!
Readers may wish to read my piece on Colon and Political In-Correctness at: http://hnn.us/articles/16960.html
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 10/13/2005
I do like the way that you think. It's pretty difficult to keep up with the various journals on issues, but I do believe that the issue of Christopher Colon's jewish background has been mainstream for so many years that it would be amiss not to at least mention the topic in a current work on American history, just as there are many other subjects which should be updated as well.
It certainly is also the case that the misunderstanding of John Adams' comments on the proportion of American Revolution supporters, opponents and others during the Am.Rev. should be clarified in all current works on history as well, as you correctly point out.
Sometimes, when reading current history texts, it's like they were written forty years ago, by nonhistorians, based upon opinion polls. Most likely it's worse, they're written by committee!
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch