Awards and Carnivals
Awards: It's award season for bloggers. Judges for The Cliopatria Awards are making their decisions. Elsewhere, Frog in a Well and other history bloggers are competing in Wizbang's The Weblog Awards. Milblogging.com aggregates posts from nearly a thousand military blogs and is hosting the competition for the 2005 Milbloggies. Our own Mark Grimsley's Blog Them Out of the Stone Age has a good chance of winning a Milbloggie in the"Best U. S. Civilian Blog" category. You can give Mark some support, if you register here, then, go here, scroll down, and click on"Add to Favorites."
Carnivals: As Sharon Howard notes, it's also carnival season for history bloggers. The Asian History Carnival will be up today at Munnin. But there's still time to nominate posts for the History Carnival at Frog in a Well/Korea and the Teaching Carnival at New Kid on the Hallway on the 15th; the Carnival of Feminists on the 21st; and the Carnival of Bad History on the 22nd.
- Thomas Slaughter interviewed about his new book on the American Revolution
- Historian Michael Ignatieff writes a memoir explaining why he failed in politics
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization