More Noted Things
Emanuele Ottolenghi,"Europe's ‘Good Jews'," Commentary, n.d., is sharply critical of those European Jews who have recently claimed that, in order to be true to Judaism, they must repudiate Zionism. [On a minor point, former Labour member of Commons, Oona King, is one of the Jews Ottolenghi criticizes, but he gets her parentage wrong. Her father, Preston T. King, is a distinguished African American scholar who fled from Albany, Georgia, to England over 50 years ago; it is Oona King's mother who is Jewish.]
There's a good conversation going on among Manan Ahmed, Caleb McDaniel, and eb atNo Great Matter about President Bush's references to history as judge. Is it a way of deferring judgment and of claiming an ultimate vindication? I also recommend the recent posts by Chris Bray and Linus Kafka at Historiblogography. Just read and scroll down for more.
Thanks to Jon Dresner and Manan Ahmed, Cliopatria's History Blogroll has been up-dated. It now lists over 275 history blogs, including 9 in non-English languages, and has a separate listing for History of Science and Technology.
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse