More Noted Things
Jonathan Alter,"Bush's Snoopgate," Newsweek, 20 December, reveals that the President summoned the New York Times publisher and editor to the Oval Office on 6 December to insist that they kill the story on NSA eavesdropping.
George F. Will,"Why Didn't He Ask Congress?" Washington Post, 20 December, argues that the essence of conservatism is an appreciation of restraint.
Rob Cappricio,"Big Brother, ‘Little Red Book'," Inside Higher Ed, 20 December, is the most recent update on the Umass, Darthmouth, investigation of a student's ILL order.
Congratulations to the Nathanael Robinsons, who are looking forward to the birth of a young Robinson.
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."