Things Noted Here and There
History bloggers who want to meetup at the AHA convention will gather in front of the Marriott hotel registration desk at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday 7 January. In order to make reservations for breakfast, we need for you to let Another Damned Medievalist know that you plan to join us. We'll be found easily enough. What other group in Philadelphia will be sporting powdered wigs and chanting"Sharon Howard is a goddess" at 7:30 a.m.? If that isn't too frightening a thought, sign up at Blogenspiel.
The Carnival of Feminists V is up at scribblingwoman!
The award for the most bizarre story of the week goes to: Chris Stephen and Allan Hall,"Stalin's Half-Man, Half-Ape Super-Warriors," The Scotsman, 20 December. See also: Ben Brumfield's roundup of reactions at Horizon.
Jason Kuznicki - 12/22/2005
I'll be there.
That is, assuming that I get an interview, which frankly isn't looking too good right now, I'll be there.
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."