Things Noted Here and There
History bloggers who want to meetup at the AHA convention will gather in front of the Marriott hotel registration desk at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday 7 January. In order to make reservations for breakfast, we need for you to let Another Damned Medievalist know that you plan to join us. We'll be found easily enough. What other group in Philadelphia will be sporting powdered wigs and chanting"Sharon Howard is a goddess" at 7:30 a.m.? If that isn't too frightening a thought, sign up at Blogenspiel.
The Carnival of Feminists V is up at scribblingwoman!
The award for the most bizarre story of the week goes to: Chris Stephen and Allan Hall,"Stalin's Half-Man, Half-Ape Super-Warriors," The Scotsman, 20 December. See also: Ben Brumfield's roundup of reactions at Horizon.
Jason Kuznicki - 12/22/2005
I'll be there.
That is, assuming that I get an interview, which frankly isn't looking too good right now, I'll be there.
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims