Aaron Nicodemus,"Federal Agents Visit was a Hoax," Times-Standard, 24 December, puts the story to rest. Thanks to Manan Ahmed and Jonathan Rees for the tip.
David E. Kaplan,"Nuclear Monitoring of Muslims Done Without Search Warrants," USNews & World Report, 22 December, is the most recent revelation about domestic surveillance in the United States. Eric Lichtblau and James Risen,"Spy Agency Mined Vast Data Troves, Officials Report," New York Times, 24 December, claims that the domestic surveillance programs are much more widespread than the administration has yet acknowledged.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Rees - 12/24/2005
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- Beloit College is out with its annual list of what freshman know ... Tiny Tim? Carl Sagan? Forget about it.
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is