Aaron Nicodemus,"Federal Agents Visit was a Hoax," Times-Standard, 24 December, puts the story to rest. Thanks to Manan Ahmed and Jonathan Rees for the tip.
David E. Kaplan,"Nuclear Monitoring of Muslims Done Without Search Warrants," USNews & World Report, 22 December, is the most recent revelation about domestic surveillance in the United States. Eric Lichtblau and James Risen,"Spy Agency Mined Vast Data Troves, Officials Report," New York Times, 24 December, claims that the domestic surveillance programs are much more widespread than the administration has yet acknowledged.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Rees - 12/24/2005
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”