Max Kampelman falsely takes the credit for the Gorbachev/Sakharov meeting
comments powered by Disqus
Arnold Shcherban - 2/19/2006
The story told is actually a small piece of a large canvas of contemporary mythology of the Cold War period trumped up and diligently
maintained by the neocons and, generally, by all zealots of Pan-Americana universal design, such as, e.g., the collapse of Soviet Union as
the almost exclusively result of Ronald Reagan's "tough" policy towards the former. Such anecdotal and primitive interpretations of the historical processes of enormous complexity, which have taken decades to develop, actually serve those ideologues well as the justification
precedents for maintaining current and perpetual state of another war,
though executed with the basically same Grand Goal in mind - world economic, political, and ideological domination.
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians