SUNSTEIN ON CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM
Cass Sunstein is calling the Supreme Court's approval of the new campaign finance reform law,"a surprising endorsement of congressional authority."
I couldn't agree more. Considering the text of the First Amendment ("Congress shall make no law..."), I'd say that the Court's approval of a federal law sharply regulating political speech prior to an election is surprising, at the very least.
The only difference between Sunstein and me is that I wouldn't dare call myself pleasantly surprised by an emerging trend of judicial deference to" congressional authority" in this arena.comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original