Rodney Stark and the MLA
Peter Dizikes,"Faith and Reason," Boston Globe, 25 December, is an interview with Rodney Stark; and William Grimes,"Capitalism, Brought to You by Religion," New York Times, 30 December, reviews Stark's book, The Victory of Reason: How Christianity Led to Freedom, Capitalism, and Western Success. Brother Stark took beatings from Manan Ahmed, Jonathan Reynolds, and Brian Ulrich here at Cliopatria.
Nick Gillespie,"Who's Afraid of the MLA" and"The Kids Are Right, Dammit," TCSDaily, 27/28 December, says it's time for the mainstream media to quit treating the MLA convention as"the Rodney Dangerfield of such confabs" because he finds serious engagement with serious issues there. Thanks for Not Being a Zombie is roundup central for all reports on the MLA convention.comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets