Rodney Stark and the MLA
Peter Dizikes,"Faith and Reason," Boston Globe, 25 December, is an interview with Rodney Stark; and William Grimes,"Capitalism, Brought to You by Religion," New York Times, 30 December, reviews Stark's book, The Victory of Reason: How Christianity Led to Freedom, Capitalism, and Western Success. Brother Stark took beatings from Manan Ahmed, Jonathan Reynolds, and Brian Ulrich here at Cliopatria.
Nick Gillespie,"Who's Afraid of the MLA" and"The Kids Are Right, Dammit," TCSDaily, 27/28 December, says it's time for the mainstream media to quit treating the MLA convention as"the Rodney Dangerfield of such confabs" because he finds serious engagement with serious issues there. Thanks for Not Being a Zombie is roundup central for all reports on the MLA convention.comments powered by Disqus
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding
- Research by Richard Brown and Doron S. Ben-Atar sheds light on colonial bestiality
- Glenn Feldman wins prize for book, "The Irony of the Solid South"
- Prolific Wikipedia editor of women's lit dies in rock climbing accident
- Ronald Radosh says he's under attack from leftists