Richard Hovannisian: On the Need to Finally Come to Terms with the Armenian Genocide
Richard G. Hovannisian is Armenian Educational Foundation Professor of Modern Armenian History at UCLA.
He was interviewed by HNN's Rick Shenkman at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association on January 5, 2006.
comments powered by Disqus
P Flum - 1/17/2004
In perusing the list of Hot Seat historians, it is disturbing to note several were attacked for unpopular beliefs. The document above suggests strongly a reaffirmation to protect, protected speech in the academy.
Sil Elliott - 1/7/2004
Hats off for such a compelling statement for critical inquiry and protecting unpopular speech.
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."