Compellingly argued column by Jonathan Rauch in National Journal on the Bush administration's expansion of executive authority.
The last of China's "gang of four" is dead.
Marquette has upheld the punishment of a dental student for negative comments about a professor and unnamed students that he wrote on his blog.
Another victory for FIRE: DePaul has retreated from its attempt to ban the College Republican Club from posting flyers critical of the university's Cultural Center inviting Ward Churchill to speak.
Very interesting piece in TNR on recent events in The Netherlands and the failure to assimilate Muslim immigrants.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding