Power of E-Mail
Today's Globe has yet another reminder that e-mails are permanent in a way that conservsations are not. The"trust fund baby" who turned down the job in the article seems like a real piece of work.
comments powered by Disqus
Manan Ahmed - 2/21/2006
My favorite memory is of a harried phone call, late at night, from an illustrious professor asking, "I just send an email. I really need to recall it back, right away, without them seeing it."
He cared little for my explanations about how data zips around on these internets.
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."