Power of E-Mail
Today's Globe has yet another reminder that e-mails are permanent in a way that conservsations are not. The"trust fund baby" who turned down the job in the article seems like a real piece of work.
comments powered by Disqus
Manan Ahmed - 2/21/2006
My favorite memory is of a harried phone call, late at night, from an illustrious professor asking, "I just send an email. I really need to recall it back, right away, without them seeing it."
He cared little for my explanations about how data zips around on these internets.
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets