Power of E-Mail
Today's Globe has yet another reminder that e-mails are permanent in a way that conservsations are not. The"trust fund baby" who turned down the job in the article seems like a real piece of work.
comments powered by Disqus
Manan Ahmed - 2/21/2006
My favorite memory is of a harried phone call, late at night, from an illustrious professor asking, "I just send an email. I really need to recall it back, right away, without them seeing it."
He cared little for my explanations about how data zips around on these internets.
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies