US Marines Probe Tensions among Iran's Ethnic Minorities
The Financial Times (of London) carries some of the best foreign news coverage of any English-language newspaper. Go here to read a most interesting story that throws welcome light on U.S. policy towards Iran.
comments powered by Disqus
William Marina - 2/25/2006
I'll be commenting at length on this Marine research in a piece at HNN/LRC entitled, "Military Research is to Research as Military Music is to Music." It reminds me so much of the 5 vols. the Army compiled on the Philippine Insurrection (see my Index to the much larger 96 reels of microfilm in the Nat'l Archives), and never to my knowledge ever much consulted by the military, let alone that journalist, ignoramus, Max Boot, who was urging us on into Iraq based on his poor understanding of that model.
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!