Letters to Leila: 11D: A Recon
The third in my series of Letters to Leila -- an introduction to blogging for academics unfamiliar with the medium -- is now available:
It explores 11D, a blog maintained by"Laura," a woman with a PhD in political science but who is"not affiliated with any university right now. Instead I'm changing diapers in New Jersey. Maybe I'll put myself on the market this winter. Maybe I'll hobble together a writing career. Maybe the kids will suck out every creative brain cell, and I'll be left a broken woman in a bowling alley in Paterson. Who the hell knows."
I figured since Leila is in Women's Studies, she might find 11D of particular interest. Frankly, I think anyone would, but particularly those of us in the academy.
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left