Letters to Leila: 11D: A Recon
The third in my series of Letters to Leila -- an introduction to blogging for academics unfamiliar with the medium -- is now available:
It explores 11D, a blog maintained by"Laura," a woman with a PhD in political science but who is"not affiliated with any university right now. Instead I'm changing diapers in New Jersey. Maybe I'll put myself on the market this winter. Maybe I'll hobble together a writing career. Maybe the kids will suck out every creative brain cell, and I'll be left a broken woman in a bowling alley in Paterson. Who the hell knows."
I figured since Leila is in Women's Studies, she might find 11D of particular interest. Frankly, I think anyone would, but particularly those of us in the academy.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I