Here is a story that compares the official treatment of Rep. Cynthia McKinney with that of Rep. Tom Lantos. Perhaps there's more to be said about both incidents but I suggest the article throws an interesting light on how the U.S. Capitol Police treats different members of Congress.
comments powered by Disqus
Keith Halderman - 4/18/2006
Tom Lantos disgraced himself and brought shame upon every other Holocaust survivor during the congressional hearings on Waco. He did this simply because Bill Clinton is a Democrat. If Waco had occured when the president was a Republican he would of had a completely different attitude. For a survivor of the Holocaust to condone the slaughter of innocent children because of their parent's religious beliefs for partisan purposes is disgusting.
- Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencement
- Islamic history scholar Michael Cook wins Holberg Prize
- Prolific Alaskan Historian, Author, UAF Professor Claus-M. Naske Passes at Age 78
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood