Support for Bombing Iran Through Silence
Among other leftist groups, I get e-mails from MoveOn.org. At first I would read those missives but now I just delete most of them. An article by Norman Solomon on their opposition to the nuclear but not the conventional bombing of Iran keeps me convinced the delete button is the right choice. MoveOn's opposition to the Iraq war is not based on morality or even practicality, it is based on pure partisanship. If it was John Kerry's war then they would be all for it, no matter how bloody.
Let us not forget that George Bush’s illegal war against Iraq had a precedent in Bill Clinton’s illegal attack on Serbia. Just as there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq there was no genocide in Kosovo. Ethnic cleansing of Serbs, Jews, and Gypsies did occur in Kosovo but that was after Clinton’s bombing made it possible. Both military excursions were justified by lies. MoveOn is an organization dedicated to perpetuating the falsehood that there is some kind of meaningful difference between the behavior of Democratic and Republican politicians.comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch