Otis Graham: The Immigration Crisis
Mr. Graham is professor emeritus at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
He was interviewed by phone by HNN's Rick Shenkman on April 25, 2006. Mr. Graham was a member of a panel on immigration at the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians (OAH) on April 20.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Matthewson - 4/25/2006
I applaud Professor Graham's effort to bring a cooler voice to the question of immigration is certainly to be applauded. But I wonder when and how the politicians will be led to assimilate said attitude. For the most part, the "debate" on immigration has been based on emotion, fears, and anxiety. I just don't know how we get from here to there.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch