Satchmo and Marijuana
In an article for HNN, L and P blogger Keith Halderman explores Louis Armstrong's pro-liberty views on Marijuana:
Armstrong maintained marijuana to be a thousand times better than whiskey and that it relaxed him while also keeping him clear headed. He pointed out that, though he smoked marijuana, during the entire forty-five years he had been blowing trumpet he had never let his public down, claiming that they had a reverence for each other.
comments powered by Disqus
Robert L. Campbell - 5/9/2006
I'm glad to see Keith Halderman picking up on the Louis Armstrong story.
According to one biography, Armstrong even wrote to President Eisenhower urging that marijuana be legalized.
Mark Brady - 5/4/2006
Keith has written a really good and useful article that I encourage you all to read. I know I shall be recommending it to people in the weeks to come.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch