War, Health, State
“I envy Kennedy having an enemy,” Clinton said, thinking it must have been a good deal easier to sell programs and ideas negatively, just by shouting that the Russians were coming. “The question now is how to persuade people they could do things when they are not immediately threatened.”
--Richard Reeves, “Why Clinton Wishes He Were JFK,” Washington Monthly September 1995
comments powered by Disqus
Gene Healy - 5/12/2006
Thanks, Matt. Good stuff.
Matt Barganier - 5/12/2006
As far as I can tell, Dick Morris is the source of the greatness = war quote that many people later attributed to Clinton:
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left