IQ and Voting
According to Steve Sailer (and others), the whole story is a hoax. On a related topic, Sailer claims there is evidence that George Bush's IQ might actually be a point or two higher than John Kerry's. Kerry's reaction when he was asked by Tom Brokaw about that?"I must have been drinking the night before I took that military aptitude test."
[Cross-posted at Proportional Belief.]
comments powered by Disqus
David Emanuel Andersson - 5/17/2006
Does anyone still believe in IQ tests? I remember taking three Internet IQ tests for fun, once with maximum concentration, once with average concentration, and once while trying to think about something else. You guessed it: the results were all over the place. What do I want to say by this? That concentration habits may be more related to learning habits and personal history than any innate "intelligence."
Protagoras - 5/16/2006
Thanks, Roderick. Sorry about the flub. I've changed it in the original post.
Sudha Shenoy - 5/16/2006
Red-necks vs Blue-bloods? The revolting, smelly masses vs their -- intellectual & moral -- superiors, the natural aristocracy?
Roderick T. Long - 5/16/2006
> that the average IQ of
> residents of the blue states--
> that is, those that went for
> Bush--were lower than the average
> IQ of residents of the red states
It was the red states, not the blue states, that went for Bush.
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians