AL SHARPTON, COMEDIAN
I have never been a fan of Al Sharpton, but he did a pretty good James
Brown imitation during his monologue last night on"Saturday Night Live."
On the campaign trail, Sharpton has been resident comedian of the
Democratic Party. On hearing that President Bush wanted $87 billion for
his new Great Society program in Iraq, Sharpton said:"Why doesn't Bush
just run for president of Iraq?" But he's been no kinder to his Democratic
foes. Asked if Democratic candidates should have more time to respond to
questions during the umpteen debates that have been scheduled on the
primary trail, Sharpton answered:"What are we really talking about? A
minute or two? It's not like some of them were on the verge of brilliance
and somebody cut them off!" Stay tuned. This guy won't be President, but
he does have a future as a comedian.
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."