AL SHARPTON, COMEDIAN
I have never been a fan of Al Sharpton, but he did a pretty good James
Brown imitation during his monologue last night on"Saturday Night Live."
On the campaign trail, Sharpton has been resident comedian of the
Democratic Party. On hearing that President Bush wanted $87 billion for
his new Great Society program in Iraq, Sharpton said:"Why doesn't Bush
just run for president of Iraq?" But he's been no kinder to his Democratic
foes. Asked if Democratic candidates should have more time to respond to
questions during the umpteen debates that have been scheduled on the
primary trail, Sharpton answered:"What are we really talking about? A
minute or two? It's not like some of them were on the verge of brilliance
and somebody cut them off!" Stay tuned. This guy won't be President, but
he does have a future as a comedian.
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- Russian history professor says Russians are being manipulated by propaganda
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies