BLAME IT ON THE BLAINE
The Supreme Court is hearing oral arguments today in Locke v. Davey, a case that challenges the constitutionality of Washington State's Blaine Amendment.
Street Jounral editorial notes that"a remarkably ecumenical coalition
of libertarians, conservatives, blacks, Catholics, Evangelicals and
Orthodox Jews -- everyone from the Institute for Justice and the Landmark
Legal Foundation to the Becket Fund and the Black Alliance for Educational
Options" have filed amicus briefs calling on the court to strike
down the law.
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies