BLAME IT ON THE BLAINE
The Supreme Court is hearing oral arguments today in Locke v. Davey, a case that challenges the constitutionality of Washington State's Blaine Amendment.
Street Jounral editorial notes that"a remarkably ecumenical coalition
of libertarians, conservatives, blacks, Catholics, Evangelicals and
Orthodox Jews -- everyone from the Institute for Justice and the Landmark
Legal Foundation to the Becket Fund and the Black Alliance for Educational
Options" have filed amicus briefs calling on the court to strike
down the law.
- Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencement
- Islamic history scholar Michael Cook wins Holberg Prize
- Prolific Alaskan Historian, Author, UAF Professor Claus-M. Naske Passes at Age 78
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood