SCATTERSHOOTING: DEAN AND GOD, NEW WHIGS, JERRY LEE LEWIS
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 1/1/2004
At the risk of turning down recemption, I must state that while I like what I have heard from Blake, I have not listened to him a lot.
More generally, I did a volunteer stint as a new age and jazz dj/programmer at WOJB in Northwestern Wisconsin. (88.9 FM.) They had--and still have--a magnficiently eclectic--approach to music, and I got to hear a lot of people who simply are not on Clear Channel's radar.
If your ever heading southeast from Duluth, tune it in.
Richard Henry Morgan - 12/31/2003
I wonder how many on this board even know who Marshall Chapman is? Interesting taste there Prof. Chamberlain. I caught her jamming with Delbert McClinton at the Exit/In when passing through Music City back in 1979 (just after her first album had achieved an underground rep). If you now tell me you're a Norman Blake fan, then any future sins are forgiven in advance.
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original