Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
This tribute, written by Professor Melvin Sylvester at Long Island University, provides a timeline of the black civil rights movement in America and shows Martin Luther King's contributions to this cause for all Americans. Dr. King's involvement in the civil rights movement allowed for positive, non-violent methods of change to come about for African-Americans despite growing pressure to use violent means to accomplish these goals of equality.
In addition to the timeline that Professor Sylvester provides for viewers, he includes a listing of Dr. King's own writings, and also books about Dr. King and the civil rights movement for further research and knowledge about this tumultuous time in American history.
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original