Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
This tribute, written by Professor Melvin Sylvester at Long Island University, provides a timeline of the black civil rights movement in America and shows Martin Luther King's contributions to this cause for all Americans. Dr. King's involvement in the civil rights movement allowed for positive, non-violent methods of change to come about for African-Americans despite growing pressure to use violent means to accomplish these goals of equality.
In addition to the timeline that Professor Sylvester provides for viewers, he includes a listing of Dr. King's own writings, and also books about Dr. King and the civil rights movement for further research and knowledge about this tumultuous time in American history.
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in