Any list of Internet resources for historians ought to be considered a work in progress. The reason is quite simple. The number of web sites devoted to historical subjects, documents and related material increases daily. There are several sites available now that list hundreds of web pages. Unfortunately, that means the end user must wade through an enormous amount of material (and dead links) to locate what may be of dubious importance.
I have decided to create a much shorter list, and instead of inundating the user with hundreds of links, I have selected web sites which contain excellent content. This website contains links to primary documents, United States History, World History and Western Civilization, among others.
comments powered by Disqus
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!