Middle East Information Center
This site was started in response to the attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001. As ordinary citizens, we searched for a constructive way to deal with the grief and anger surrounding the attacks. The site is intended as a place to collect information that could help us to better understand the conflicts in the Middle East. Recent events have made it clear that we all have a vital interest in peace in the region.
We focus on the Arab-Israeli conflict because it is arguably the single most important source of tension in the region. Many in the region point to what they perceive as American bias in the conflict as their reason for applauding the attacks of September 11. A deeper knowledge of the conflict could help us to understand and respond to those criticisms.
comments powered by Disqus
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is