Middle East Information Center
This site was started in response to the attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001. As ordinary citizens, we searched for a constructive way to deal with the grief and anger surrounding the attacks. The site is intended as a place to collect information that could help us to better understand the conflicts in the Middle East. Recent events have made it clear that we all have a vital interest in peace in the region.
We focus on the Arab-Israeli conflict because it is arguably the single most important source of tension in the region. Many in the region point to what they perceive as American bias in the conflict as their reason for applauding the attacks of September 11. A deeper knowledge of the conflict could help us to understand and respond to those criticisms.
comments powered by Disqus
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation