Libertarianism and the Iraq War at the VC
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 7/25/2006
As I mentioned in the VC thread, we don't always agree amongst ourselves. While it's been nearly or around 2 years now that I've been in favor of US withdrawal, I'm not embarassed to have been in favor of the invasion in the beginning. I don't necessarily want to revisit that argument now, but I do want to note, as I did at VC, that the current issue of Reason Papers (www.reasonpapers.com) features lots of discussion of the intra-liberarian dispute about war issues, including the ultimate Long-vs-Skoble throwdown. Also, interested readers might look up the April (I think it was April) issue of Liberty Magazine.
David T. Beito - 7/23/2006
Thanks for calling attention to this. The thread is already immense.
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians