Libertarianism and the Iraq War at the VC
Very interesting post by Ilya Somin at the Volokh Conspiracy about the intra-libertarian division over the war in Iraq. L&P gets a mention as a leading voice on the anti-war side. Worth a read, and worth a comment if you are so inclined.
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 7/24/2006
As I mentioned in the VC thread, we don't always agree amongst ourselves. While it's been nearly or around 2 years now that I've been in favor of US withdrawal, I'm not embarassed to have been in favor of the invasion in the beginning. I don't necessarily want to revisit that argument now, but I do want to note, as I did at VC, that the current issue of Reason Papers (www.reasonpapers.com) features lots of discussion of the intra-liberarian dispute about war issues, including the ultimate Long-vs-Skoble throwdown. Also, interested readers might look up the April (I think it was April) issue of Liberty Magazine.
David T. Beito - 7/23/2006
Thanks for calling attention to this. The thread is already immense.
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse