Libertarianism and the Iraq War at the VC
Very interesting post by Ilya Somin at the Volokh Conspiracy about the intra-libertarian division over the war in Iraq. L&P gets a mention as a leading voice on the anti-war side. Worth a read, and worth a comment if you are so inclined.
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 7/25/2006
As I mentioned in the VC thread, we don't always agree amongst ourselves. While it's been nearly or around 2 years now that I've been in favor of US withdrawal, I'm not embarassed to have been in favor of the invasion in the beginning. I don't necessarily want to revisit that argument now, but I do want to note, as I did at VC, that the current issue of Reason Papers (www.reasonpapers.com) features lots of discussion of the intra-liberarian dispute about war issues, including the ultimate Long-vs-Skoble throwdown. Also, interested readers might look up the April (I think it was April) issue of Liberty Magazine.
David T. Beito - 7/23/2006
Thanks for calling attention to this. The thread is already immense.
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims