Libertarianism and the Iraq War at the VC
Very interesting post by Ilya Somin at the Volokh Conspiracy about the intra-libertarian division over the war in Iraq. L&P gets a mention as a leading voice on the anti-war side. Worth a read, and worth a comment if you are so inclined.
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 7/25/2006
As I mentioned in the VC thread, we don't always agree amongst ourselves. While it's been nearly or around 2 years now that I've been in favor of US withdrawal, I'm not embarassed to have been in favor of the invasion in the beginning. I don't necessarily want to revisit that argument now, but I do want to note, as I did at VC, that the current issue of Reason Papers (www.reasonpapers.com) features lots of discussion of the intra-liberarian dispute about war issues, including the ultimate Long-vs-Skoble throwdown. Also, interested readers might look up the April (I think it was April) issue of Liberty Magazine.
David T. Beito - 7/23/2006
Thanks for calling attention to this. The thread is already immense.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding