Cincinnati Historian Found Guilty of Plagiarism
An internal investigating committee at the University of Cincinnati has found Don Heinrich Tolzmann guilty of plagiarism in his book, The German-American Experience. After reviewing charges first made three years ago on H-Ethnic, the committee has recommended that Tolzmann be dismissed as a faculty member in the University's German Studies Department and as director of its German-American Studies Program. Tolzmann promises to meet with University officials in mid-September about the matter and to fight the charges vigorously. Thanks to David Merkowitz for the tip.
comments powered by Disqus
David J Merkowitz - 8/24/2006
Oh God no...that wouldn't be good at all...I was much better trained than that...no plagiarism here...
Marc A. Comtois - 8/24/2006
I think it's a sign of my viewing the historical field through a blogging lens when my first thought when seeing the blog post heading was that Ralph was referring to the blogger Cincinnati Historian (David Merkowitz)! I was "relieved" to see that it was a Historian at the University of Cincinnati and not a fellow blogger.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch