Thanks to Hugo Chavez [and the New York Times], no doubt, Noam Chomsky's Hegemony or Survival: America's Quest for Global Dominance (The American Empire Project) is #1 in sales at Amazon.com.
Stephen Metcalfe,"The Shakespeare Wars," Slate, 20 September, reviews Ron Rosenbaum's The Shakespeare Wars: Clashing Scholars, Public Fiascoes, Palace Coups.
On this day in 1906, the Atlanta Race Riot broke out. It raged for three days. At its end, two white and between 25 and 40 black people had died.
However, the inconvenient truth is that after centuries of religious wars, Christendom long ago gave it up.
Apart from Kevin's telling citations, you'd think Krauthammer would remember that the twentieth century nightmare arose from triumphant Christian heresies in the heart of Christendom that can't be blamed on Islam.
Pasadena, California's All Saints Episcopal Church that Hugo Schwyzer wrote about here will go to court, resisting an IRS demand for the surrender of documents, according to a unanimous vote by the vestry yesterday.comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 9/22/2006
...into the book of life, health, and peace.
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse