Dagny on a Train
[cross-posted at Austro-Athenian Empire]
Looks like Angelina Jolie will indeed be starring in the film version of Atlas Shrugged. (Conical hat tip to Wally Conger and Bob Bidinotto.)
This will likely translate into lots of new Rand readers, which is good. But as Ive said before, we left-Randians will need to work hard to make sure new inquirers know about the full range of Rands legacy. I have some thoughts about how to do that coming soon!
comments powered by Disqus
Steve Jackson - 9/27/2006
A left wing Randian doesn't sound very interesting.
Rand is interesting precisely because she is a combination of left-wing and right wing ideas. If you take Rand and subtract the anti-gay, anti-egalitarianism, anti-communism, anti-feminism and all the diatribes against the moochers, looters, altruists, what's left? Rand then comes across as a garden variety empiricist and village atheist who wouldn't merit a footnote in the history of secular humanist thought.
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!