Dagny on a Train
Looks like Angelina Jolie will indeed be starring in the film version of Atlas Shrugged. (Conical hat tip to Wally Conger and Bob Bidinotto.)
This will likely translate into lots of new Rand readers, which is good. But as Ive said before, we left-Randians will need to work hard to make sure new inquirers know about the full range of Rands legacy. I have some thoughts about how to do that coming soon!
comments powered by Disqus
Steve Jackson - 9/27/2006
A left wing Randian doesn't sound very interesting.
Rand is interesting precisely because she is a combination of left-wing and right wing ideas. If you take Rand and subtract the anti-gay, anti-egalitarianism, anti-communism, anti-feminism and all the diatribes against the moochers, looters, altruists, what's left? Rand then comes across as a garden variety empiricist and village atheist who wouldn't merit a footnote in the history of secular humanist thought.
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!